June 2018 Newsletter
May Meeting Recap:
The main focus of our last meeting concerned securing a location for future meetups.
1. We have the Fort Harrison VFW Post mostly secured, but we will have a few dates where there would be a schedule conflict (See item #2). A VFW has a nice hall with a large, open space, and best of all we won't have to rearrange the desks every time. Bonus: Bar and grill will be open on Fridays. You have to be over 21 to go to the bar, but you can still order food and non-alcoholic drinks will also be available.
2. July's meeting will be at the Monon Community Center, 1195 Central Park Drive East, Carmel, IN 46032. Drive north on Westfield Boulevard past 111th Street, then turning west on Central Park Drive East. Follow that all the way to the big parking lot and then walk up to the main entrance. We'll have someone posted by the entrance, or give Tom a call at 317-372-4926 if you're running late. Currently, use of the Monon Center is $40 an hour ($80/night).
3. Jim Philhower had floated the possibility of using the West Side/Pike YMCA as well. It is $25 an hour (so $50/night), but we might need to make adjustments to our meeting time as we would need to be out by 9pm. The Y will also be moving to a newer, larger facility in the near future along 56th and Lafayette.
4. Michael Kalbfleisch will be doing a presentation on macro photography at the next meeting. Learn to take those professional-looking photos of your models! Camera not required, but bring a notebook. Erik Fox will also chip in some pointers if he's able to make it.
5. Andy Leffler had a contest committee meeting in July, to get some preliminary planning done. Andy will provide a briefing at the next meeting, and talk about when the next meeting would be.
Upcoming area contests:
Show and Tell:
Once again, the next meeting is on July 20, 2018 from 7pm to 9pm at Monon Community Center, 1195 Central Park Drive East, Carmel, IN 46032..