||I.P.M.S. Roscoe Turner Chapter
September 2017 Newsletter
August Meeting Recap:
Meeting was held August 18, 2017 with 11 members in attendance
The Chapter should make every effort to have as much ready for the contest the next year by August or September of the
Along with the previous would be to have the Contest Standard Operating Procedures in print and available for
There is need for the chapter members to put in article reviews and photos on the IPMS Roscoe Turner Web Site and Face
Among the suggestions for workshops and seminars for the contest, one is for "How to" for taking photos of models and of in
process kit assembly.
The Chapter Shirts continue as a work in progress.
Four people were nominated for the new club officers:
Additional persons can be added before the vote is taken on September 15, 2017.
- President - Steve Bacon
- Vice-President - Jim Kingsolver
- Treasurer - Ken Kindler (for another term)
- Secretary - Tom Choy
Ken Kindler reported that Charles Haines and Nelson Taylor purchase $375.00 of discounted model kits as a lot from the
local Hobbytown USA franchise for the March 2018 Model Contest.
Steve Pavey has produced information chits for people who bring items in for Show and Tell. The intent is for the person
to describe their item so as to expedite the show and tell process for the Secretary.
Show and Tell:
- Steve Pavey: RLPBS Minis 1/64 Young T-Rex
Campbell Carson's 1/87 Hotel
Cornerstone 1/87 Farm House
- Lance Sellers: 1/25th scale McLaren race car driven by Jim Hertubise
1/32nd scale Slot Car converted to a scale model race car driven by Pat O'Conner
- Mark Hiott: Pegaso 75mm "Conan the Barbarian" Figure
Pegaso 75mm "Thulsa Doom" Figure
- Nelson Taylor: Roco Minitanks 1/87 M9 Ace
V 1/72 VK 4502 (P)v
- Tom Choy: Monogram 1/72 F-4 Phantom Michigan Air National Guard, Royal Navy, and an unfinished project
Upcoming area contests:
- 09/16/17 Shenango Valley, Sharon, PA
- 09/16/17 Owensboro, Owensboro, KY
- 09/23/17 SCIMA Contest Bartholomew County Fairgrounds Columbus, IN
- 10/08/17 Loraine County (Swap Meet) Lorain, OH
- 10/21/17 Cincinnati Scale Modelers Cincinnati, OH
- 11/05/17 John H Glenn/Western Reserve Cleveland, OH
- 01/20/18 Shenango Valley Swap Meet, Sharon, PA
- 02/03/18 Mid-Michigan Bay City, MI
- 04/07/18 Wright Field Scale Modelers - WrightCon, Dayton, OH
- 04/27/18-04/28/18 John H Glenn / Western Reserve - IPMSUSA
Region IV 2018 Convention
- 05/03/18-05/05/18 *Wright Field Scale Modelers - AMPS 2018 International Convention
- 08/18 IPMS/USA 2018 National Convention Phoenix, AZ
* Denotes non-IPMS event (shown for info only)
Meeting Wrap Up and Alibis:
Our next meeting is September 15, 2017 at the Life Church Family Center, 9101 West 10th Street Indianapolis.
See you in there!